I am always happy to be contacted directly by parents or carers …
I have many years of experience as an independent educational psychologist in private practice, working with children, young people and families – carrying out assessments, providing tailored support and offering ongoing advice.
A typical first assessment would involve:
- An initial discussion with you, and the gathering of information via a questionnaire.
- Observing your child in the school environment, where appropriate.
- Individual assessment work with your child – this would usually include cognitive and attainment-based assessment, and may also include the use of a range of other assessment tools, depending on your child’s needs.
- Feedback to you, and to the school, where appropriate.
- The production of a short, accessible report – with practical suggestions.
Beyond this, I am able to provide an ongoing private educational psychology service, and I enjoy working with families over the longer term to share in the positive progress.
I have a particular interest in autism spectrum disorders, specific learning difficulties, behaviour management and mental health. I am a former board member of the SASC (SPLD Assessment Standards Committee) and previously carried out regular assessment work for the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre.