I offer a range of educational psychology services for schools and other learning settings in Devon and the South West…
Extensive experience working with children and staff in the school environment, both as an educational psychologist and previously as a teacher, enables me to provide:
- Literacy and numeracy assessment and ongoing support
- Help with emotional or behavioural difficulties, including talking therapies
- Autism spectrum disorders diagnosis, management and interventions
- Attention deficit disorders advice and support with management
- Learning difficulties coaching and behavioural advice
- Specific learning difficulties (including dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and dysgraphia) assessment, support and interventions
- Observation and assessment, including cognitive and attainment-based assessment
- Reporting and feedback to school staff and parents or carers
- Advice on access arrangements
- Supervision and coaching
I have a particular interest in autism spectrum disorders, specific learning difficulties, behaviour management and mental health. I sit on the board for SASC (SPLD Assessment Standards Committee) and previously carried out regular assessment work for the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre.
Enthusiasm, good rapport and strong, positive relationships with both learners and staff lie at the forefront of my work – and my depth of experience allows me to bring with them a sense of perspective and a sense of humour. My reports are always accessible, to the point and offer practical suggestions and advice for next steps.